- If you’re looking for a monthly fruit club subscription that carries only the freshest locally-sourced fruits and more, Harry & David is your best choice.
- For a more personalized gifting experience, Fruit of the Month Club comes with a personalized note and an informational newsletter that adds value to your box in addition to five pounds of fresh, delicious fruit.
9 Best Fruit of the Month Club Subscriptions (Listed for 2022)
Harry and David
The Fruit Company
Frog Hollow Club
Pittman & Davis
A year ago, my sister—who grew up in the countryside, moved into the city for work. The first thing she noticed was how expensive fruits were and how limited her choices had become.
As a health junkie, she loved to snack on fruits every day. I remember as a child; she used to eat three apples a day. This is where we started sourcing monthly fruit clubs for her. Take a look at our top nine favorites.
1. Harry and David Signature Classic Fruit Club - #1 Best Fruit of the Month Club
The Harry & David fruit club is dedicated to delivering fresh, hand-picked fruits to your doorstep. Not all fruit varieties are available year-round across the US which is why the company is dedicated to making all fruits accessible to homes in the US and Canada.
What You Get
- An assortment of fresh fruit combinations each month. This includes top picks from persimmons to pomegranates and a wide selection of other seasonal and tropical fruits.
- You’re also able to choose from other menus such as chocolates and sweets boxes, gourmet food and wine, and more.
- Adventurous fruit lovers who like to mix and match different combinations to get a wide assortment of freshly hand-picked fruits.
- Their organic club offering is ideal if you want USDA-certified organic fruits delivered.
- The Signature Classic Fruit Club starts at around $116 a month.
- Canada and all throughout the United States of America.
Summary: Harry and David Signature Classic Fruit Club is an ideal choice if you want to get an assortment of fresh, handpicked fruits that are available all year round. However, the minimum commitment is for 3 months.
2. Great Clubs Fruit Gift of the Month Club - Good Fruit Selection
The Great Clubs delivers a bundle of assorted fresh fruits and more to your home. Their fruits are sourced from high-quality orchards and are hand-picked by the most dedicated pickers. This ensures quality and consistency for all gift boxes.
What You Get
- In each box, there are five pounds of fresh fruit. Some of the favorites are honey tangerines and tropical kiwis. One thing you’ll like is that they incorporate exotic fruits into their boxes as well so you have a better selection.
- A personalized note (optional) which is ideal if you’re giving it as a gift.
- An informational newsletter that covers fun facts about your selections.
- Lovers of exotic and rare fruits found across the world and not just in the US.
- Starts at around $85 each month.
- All states in the US for free.
Summary: This Exotic Fruit Club takes you on a journey across the world with their monthly fruit boxes.
A minimum commitment of two months is required, but you’re getting more than just an assortment of the usual fruits you’ll find at your local market.
3. Daily Harvest - Good Fruit Smoothies
Daily Harvest is a popular smoothie subscription service like Harvestclub Americana. Their selections prioritize frozen fruit combinations that give you a filling and delicious meal substitute within minutes.
What You Get
- You’re able to choose up to 24 items on their menu for a monthly or weekly subscription. This includes a selection of smoothies as well as other offerings like oat bowls, and healthy flatbreads.
- One person subscriptions and health buffs who are trying to lose weight or are looking for a more convenient and healthy meal replacement.
- Smoothies cost under $8 per serving
- 48 states within the continental US
Summary: This subscription is ideal for you if you’re not looking for a subscription that delivers raw fruits. Instead, you get a mix of fruits and recipes you can turn into delicious smoothies at home.
4. The Fruit Company - Variety
The Fruit Company takes pride in hand-packing your selections on the day it ships to guarantee freshness. There are four fruit clubs to choose from that deliver traditional American fruits, exotic fruits, USDA certified organic fruit of the month club, and a two-fruit combo.
What You Get
- Various fruit combinations and selections fresh from orchards in Oregon.
- Someone who is looking for a variety of choices and doesn’t want to stick to a single subscription option.
- Boxes start at under $100
- The US for free except Alaska and Hawaii, which have an additional fee of under $10
Summary: The Fruit Company gives you four plan options to choose from. This gives you complete autonomy over the types of fruits you’ll be receiving, whether you’re a fan of traditional fruits or more exotic fruits.
5. Amazing Clubs - Best Harvest on Demand Fruit Club
Amazing Clubs delivers a mix of two new premium fruits that are harvested on-demand. They’ve sourced all-over the world from growers that are known for the best practices and only the most high-quality fruits in both taste and appearance.
What You Get
- Five pounds of two fruit varieties are harvested on-demand. You’ll receive express-shipped fruits from all parts of the globe grown by only the best farmers in their fields.
- Someone who is looking for quality and premium fruit that is freshly picked from orchards and farms from different parts of the world.
- Starts at under $40 a month.
- All states in the US for free except Hawaii and Alaska which recharged a small shipping fee.
Summary: The Amazing Fruits monthly club is an ideal subscription for you if you’re looking for only the freshest exotic fruits that are sourced from all over the world. You’re getting an average of five pounds of two fruits each month, which is more than enough to get your fill.
6. Pemberton Farms - for Picky Eaters
The Pemberton Farms fruit of the month club has a minimum commitment of three months and is ideal for gifting to loved ones, family members, and friends.
The selections are pre-determined and laid out for you so you know exactly what you or your recipient will receive for each month.
What You Get
- At least six pounds of farm-fresh fruit each month. There are two fruit variations each month, and you’ll be able to see exactly what you’ll be receiving before you check out.
- Picky eaters and if you don’t like to be surprised. The predetermined menu shows you exactly what you’re order each month, so there’s no risk of receiving fruit you don’t like.
- Starts at under $110 a month
- 48 states in the contiguous US
Summary: Pemberton Farms is ideal if you’re very particular about your food choices.
The transparent monthly menu shows, fruit gifts you exactly what you’re getting each month which allows you to select exactly when you’d like to start your subscription.
7. Frog Hollow Club - Top Organic
The Frog Hollow Club focuses on seasonal USDA-certified organic fruit. There are also three box sizes to choose from which allows you to feed more than just yourself if necessary.
I like how there are weekly subscription options as well, which lets you test out the service before making a big commitment.
What You Get
- Freshly picked organic seasonal fruit that is delivered on a weekly or a monthly basis. There are three box sizes to choose from such as three, five, and ten-pound deliveries to suit your needs.
- Large families or households with more than one resident.
- Boxes start at around $150 for a 3-month subscription
- All US states.
Summary: The Frog Hollow Club is a good, well-priced option if you want a monthly supply of organic fruits that can feed your whole family. Their seasonal offerings are handpicked and are guaranteed fresh upon delivery.
8. Pittman & Davis Monthly Fruit Clubs - Top Budget
Pittman and Davis is best known for their Citrus Supply subscription. Their citrus offerings are freshly handpicked, delicious, and cost less than $20 for your first month.
You’ll also have the option to choose the amount of fruit you want and other selections aside from citrus.
What You Get
- A freshly picked assortment of premium quality citrus, harvest fruits, and more as your heart desires. All boxes are packed on the day of shipping, which guarantees freshness.
- low-budget subscription hunters who don’t want to overspend on a large fruit box that might go to waste.
- Your first box will cost just shy of $20
- All US states for free
Summary: Pittman and Davis is one of the least expensive fruit box subscriptions on our list. They also offer a very flexible option for the amount of fruit you’ll get so you’re never overspending on too much fruit that you can’t eat before they rot.
9. Dragonberry Fruit Club - Exotic Fruit Subscription
The Dragonberry Fruit Club specializes in acquiring exotic fruits that are hard to source and nearly impossible to get within the US. They’re ideal for you if you’re looking for a subscription for rare fruits that you’ve tasted in other countries but would be hard-pressed to find at home.
What You Get
- An assortment of rare fruits like dragon fruits, rambutan, Japanese pears, and more.
- Adventurous recipients who want a taste of exotic fruits that aren’t normally readily available in the US.
- Under $300 for a three-month commitment
- The continental US without a shipping fee.
- Alaska and Hawaii for an additional $40.
- Canada for an added $50.
- Puerto Rico for $75 more.
Summary: The Dragonberry Fruit Club is an ideal choice for you if you want a taste of hard to find exotic fruits that are available in other parts of the world but are hard to find in the US. Their selections are handpicked and fresh, all packed in a beautiful gift box.
Benefits of Using Fruit of the Month Club Subscriptions
These subscriptions makes it more convenient for you to have access to fruits at home.
This eliminates the need to head to the market, take the time to select fruit, and removes the pressure of selecting perfectly ripe fruits, especially if you don’t have much experience otherwise.
After all, no one wants to eat a sour mango or an underripe avocado.
- You’re able to choose from an online catalog so you don’t have to leave your home.
- You’re able to get access to fruits you wouldn’t have otherwise seen in your local farmer’s market.
You’re guaranteed to receive perfectly ripe and fresh fruits in the mail instead of gambling on your experience picking out fruits from a stall.
Frequently Asked Questions About Monthly Fruit Club Subscription Boxes
It can be difficult to stick to a healthy lifestyle. And one of the biggest challenges my clients face is the lack of dried fruit variety of options in their local markets.
Sure, you have your usual apples, oranges, grapefruits, and bananas. But eating the same fruits over and over removes the excitement. This is where the clubs have gained popularity. To guide you through selecting the right one for you, I’ve answered some burning questions below.
Monthly subscriptions are worth it if you want an assortment of different fruits each month delivered conveniently to your doorstep. Not everyone has the time to head to the market to check out fresh produce nor does everyone have access to fresh and seasonal fruits. Monthly boxes make it possible for you to sample fruits you would have otherwise not been able to get your hands on yourself.
Most subscription companies allow you to log into your account to cancel your subscription. This can be done easily on an iPhone. All you have to do is access the website, log in, click your account, and—usually, you’ll be able to click cancel my subscription under the billing section. This process should take no more than five minutes. I’d be weary of companies that make it impossibly complicated for you to cancel.
Pittman & Davis delivers freshly picked fruits to your home each month, starting at under $20. There is a good selection of citrus fruits, fresh harvest selections, and more you can mix and match to personalize your box and get the most out of your money.
Is There a Jelly of the Month Club?
If you want to play with fresh pears or jellies, you’ll want to make sure you have an available container that can contain them. Depending on how they’re stored, fresh fruits and veggies can stay good for about three to six days if kept at room temperature. Once you go beyond that, they may start to decay and become discolored or mushy. The magic number to use to keep fruit and veggies fresh longer? Two days with free-shipping. One day is fine if they’re kept in the fridge, but fresh fruits and veggies will lose a significant amount of vitamin C within two days at room temperature.
So storing them in the fridge at room temperature is fine, but it’s probably a good idea to use a separate bowl to store fruits and veggies for those two days. Weekly or monthly deliveries of freshly picked, organic fruit that’s relevant to the season. The main exceptions here are unripened fruit, like a banana or strawberry, and fresh fruits and veggies you’ve cut up and washed. That’s the only time it’s a good idea to store produce in the fridge. Jelly of the Month Club. If you think you’ll be having a lot of jams and jellies over the next couple of months, you may be interested in the Jelly of the Month Club.
Exotic Fruit Subscription Box
Who says the yummy edibles that sprout from trees are off-limits to grown-ups? This month, please welcome the zesty Oozium Natural Treats Seed Red Grapefruit Subscription Box. Send in the order form by December 8th, 2017 and you’ll get 7 new edible plants (so far) for the whole family to plant. Oozium’s offerings include fruit, berries, tomatoes, and more. As a subscriber, you’ll also receive two free cactus seeds to try out, and a new treat (be it dried fruit, a root vegetable, or a leafy herb) each month. Support local, eat for the planet: Sign up for a December plant subscription with Oozium. Credit: Oozium
Pep’s Little Piggy Subscription Box. This subscription service is making the jump from social media to subscription boxes. For $9 a month, you can buy a box of three foods and prepare them together. There’s everything from spaghetti to ketchup to BBQ sauce. Each recipe has a photo of the product along with instructions. The Fish Kitchen Subscription Box. Imagine putting together a gift box filled with only what you could find in your own kitchen, including prepared seafood dishes, recipe cards, kitchen tool kits, and the like. This monthly subscription box is probably a little bit better than all the Cracker Jack you won for trick-or-treating.
Cookie of the Month Club
The holidays are upon us. And as kids get older, there are fewer children underfoot to trip us up with their demands. That said, the stress to get our to-do list done can sometimes eclipse any relief we might feel after the flurry of gifts has passed. No need to worry: The Cookie of the Month Club is here to relieve you of your duties and thank you for doing them. We’ve been in a bit of a season rut with daily cookie recipes.
That’s not going to cut it for a month-long cookie marathon, so we’ve got a cookie of the month club. It’s part of our monthly South Park Cookie Club, and during each month of the year, a different member will be assigned to bring a different type of cookie each month, and then we all make an extra batch to share. This month we’re doing Oreo Truffles.
Is the Harry and David Fruit Club Worth It?
Determining whether the Harry and David Fruit Club is worth it involves considering various factors, such as quality, variety, cost, and personal preferences. The Harry and David Fruit Club is a subscription-based service that delivers a selection of fresh fruits to customers on a regular basis.
One of the key aspects to evaluate is the quality of the fruits provided by the Fruit Club. Harry and David are known for their premium fruits, often sourced from their own orchards. They have a reputation for delivering high-quality, delicious fruits that are carefully harvested and selected.
Another factor to consider is the variety of fruits offered. The Fruit Club typically includes a range of seasonal fruits, providing a diverse and changing selection throughout the year. This variety can be appealing to individuals who enjoy trying different fruits and experiencing a variety of flavors.
The cost of the Fruit Club subscription should also be taken into account. The price varies depending on the duration and frequency of deliveries. It is important to compare the cost of the subscription with the market value of the fruits received to determine if it aligns with your budget and expectations.
Personal preferences play a significant role in determining whether the Fruit Club is worth it for an individual. Some people may value the convenience and excitement of receiving a regular supply of fresh, high-quality fruits directly to their doorstep. Others may find it more cost-effective to purchase fruits from local markets or grocery stores.
While there is limited scientific research specifically assessing the Harry and David Fruit Club, customer reviews and testimonials can provide insights into the overall satisfaction and experience of subscribers. Reading reviews from other customers who have tried the Fruit Club can help gauge the general consensus and identify any potential concerns.
Ultimately, whether the Harry and David Fruit Club is worth it depends on individual preferences, budget, and priorities. If you value premium-quality fruits, enjoy trying a variety of seasonal produce, and find the convenience of home delivery appealing, the Fruit Club may be a worthwhile investment. However, it is advisable to consider the factors mentioned above and read customer reviews to make an informed decision that aligns with your personal preferences and circumstances.
Is There Really a Jelly of the Month Club?
Indeed, there is a real Jelly of the Month Club that exists, although it’s important to note that its availability may vary depending on the retailer and location. The Jelly of the Month Club operates as a subscription-based service, offering members regular deliveries of assorted jellies or jams, typically on a monthly basis. This club has gained recognition partly due to its association with the popular holiday movie “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation,” in which the main character receives a membership to the club as a gift.
While the specific offerings of the Jelly of the Month Club can differ among providers, the overall concept revolves around providing subscribers with a diverse selection of unique and flavorful jellies or jams, often crafted from a variety of fruits and ingredients. These products are often artisanal or homemade, showcasing the creativity and craftsmanship of different producers.
It is worth noting that the availability and popularity of the Jelly of the Month Club may vary, as it is commonly offered by specialty food stores or online retailers catering to gourmet food enthusiasts. It falls within the realm of gourmet food subscriptions rather than a subject of scientific or health-related research.
For individuals interested in joining the Jelly of the Month Club, it is advisable to explore reputable specialty food stores or online retailers that offer this subscription service. Researching customer reviews and assessing the quality and variety of the jellies or jams provided can assist in determining if a specific club meets their preferences and expectations.
The Harry and David Signature Fruit Club delivers a combination of traditional all-American fruits sourced from a local orchard that hand-picks your fruits.
I also like that their choices aren’t limited to fruit boxes, but there are also Bakery offerings and more.
On the other hand, the Dragonberry Fruit Club is an ideal choice if you want to get a taste of exotic and hard to find fruits that are sourced from premium farms and orchards across the globe.
Pemberton Farms is also a great place to start if you’re working under a budget and want a supply of citrus and other fresh harvest fruits for under $20.